2nd day of cleaning

Ondoy definitely made a big mess to our country, especially in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna and Batangas. A lot of people have died due to the flash flood caused by the sudden release of water in the dams such as the Angat dam, etc. The memory of the typhoon is still clear in my head... the aftermath was an ugly sight. According to my aunt who recently visited us just this morning to see how we were doing, said that in their area, a lot of dead bodies covered in mud are scattered on the streets, they even saw this corpse of a grandpa hugging a telephone post.. must have been washed away there, died of heart attack and stiffened to the post. A lot of people are still stranded in the roofs of their houses somewhere in Marikina and Pasig.

I could say we may have been lucky because the flood in our village is just chest-deep compared to those in Marikina and Pasig which really swallowed the 1st floor of their houses.

I wish I could help the victims as well, I really don't know how will I react based on the video footages I saw in the news last night.

So far, this is the only thing I could share to you guys right now. I left the long newsy blogpost in my laptop right now and I'm just renting here in an internet cafe. I do hope things will be okay after this. @_@

If you happen to pass by my blog, no matter what religion are you in, please..please pray for the victims of the Typhoon Ondoy and extend your help to the non-government foundations that are raising funds and rations to give away to the victims. Thank you!

0 comments: